Pima Acceptable Donations

Pima Acceptable Donations

Monday, November 12, 2018

Week 10 - Rescued Critters Food Drive

Hi Folks,

How a small can of cat food on a truck seat got to the

 Pima Animal Care Center.

Every can and every penny donated on Sunday to
Rescued Critters Food Drive is delivered to the
Pima Animal Care Center on Monday.
Neighbors now and again leave cans or bags of food on or in my pickup truck when I am not around. They did it a lot during our One Can A Week days. Late last week, I found a 3 ounce can of cat food on my bench seat. I like such surprises because it means folks trust that even the smallest donation will end up in a bowl at Pima Animal Care Center. And they are right.

That little can gave me the idea for this week’s blog post. Everybody who donates to Rescued Critters Food Drive should know the whole process of donating food, supplies and money to PACC.

When I finish my Sunday rounds, I gather all the donations on my large work bench on my porch. Then I count and enter all the cash and checks on the Inventory Sheet. Next I group the canned dog and cat food. This makes it easy to note the number of cans with the same weight. (See Inventory Sheet below.)

Generally, folks making donations fill out the PACC In-Kind Donation Form at PACC.I fill out the form at home to expedite the process. I can tell the staff likes this efficiency,

The money is tallied separately using a PACC Computer Receipt. I never tell the staff member the total until he or she is about to issue the receipt. Them I’m told the amount about to be entered. To date, the totals we donated matched exactly. At this point, we both say, “Yes!”

Besides explaining the process, I would like to invite all my neighbors to ride along with me on Sunday to see how the collection is done. (Of course, not all at once … my truck is a bit small.) And too, you can also come with me to PACC on Monday to deliver the donation. This is our community service project and I would like everyone to feel totally involved. 


First, the food is taken to the back.

Next, the money and checks are counted.
Donation Inventory Sheet
In-Kind Donation Form


PACC Cash Receipt 




The small can of cat food is to the right of the two small
stacked cat food cans just behind the money.


Even Cody was taken with Haley's Yoda Impression

This week's donation amounted to 16.1 lbs. of dog and cat food. The cash totaled $43.80. 


See you Sunday,

Peter



No comments:

Post a Comment