Pima Acceptable Donations

Pima Acceptable Donations

Monday, December 17, 2018

Week 15 - Rescued Critters Food Drive

Hi Folks,

Okay, This One Got to Me.


My friends, Roy and Mary Sasiadek sent me a Christmas card today to wish me a happy holiday and to tell me that Snuggles, their Westie, was turning 15 in March. Snuggles is the only puppy produced by my two Westies, Adam and Molly. This most delightful card caused me to think about all of the other pleasant dog stuff that happened to me in the last few days.

On Sunday, Burl, a neighbor on Miles walked up to the truck as I was about to hop out. “See, you don’t have to get out of the truck to collect donations,” he said with a grin.

We talked for a couple of minutes and he told me about two ideas involving Rescued Critters Food Drive that are in the works. Recently, Burl mentioned the program to a few of his clients and their interest was piqued. In fact, one client gave him that 24 lb. bag of premium dog food which we donated to PACC last week. He is thinking about ways to engage more of his clients and he promised to get back to me soon.

The other news was just as exciting. Burl has friends in Sahuarita who are thinking about starting their own Rescued Critters Food Drive. I told him to let them know I will provide all the marketing materials, so they don’t have to start from scratch.

This was very exciting news and I told him I really liked how he was approaching his involvement in the program. Burl called it “organic” because he is just telling folks about what we are doing and letting the idea take hold naturally.

On my late afternoon walk today with the guys, Kym a friend and neighbor on 13th Street, pulled up to the curb to chat. She said her client just gave her a Christmas bonus and she wanted to share some of it with PACC. It’s only Monday and I now have $10.00 to start Week 16.

Usually after the holidays I recycle the Christmas cards I receive. Not the kitty hugging Westie. Nope. That goes up on the wall to remind me to be grateful for all the small and pleasant Rescued Critters Food Drive successes we experience every week.

Togetherness, ©Sue Hall, Star Licensing. American Humane greeting cards. www.americanhumane.org

The First of Four Wraps for the Truck


The only vehicle (double entendre intended) for advertising the Rescued Critters Food Drive program is the Chevy truck. Tuesday the Cook Sign Company on Tucson Blvd. installed the tailgate wrap. To come is the hood wrap and the two side panel wraps. The total cost is approximately $1,100. Since the tailgate wrap cost $116.00 plus installation, I decided to pay for that myself. In order to complete the rest of the signage I will have to find a sponsor. In time, as the popularity of the program spreads, one may just step up to help. Meanwhile, all the folks driving behind me will have something to read while fighting the urge to pick up their smart phone.


This week, instead of concentrating on the food
she can't have, Haley decided to think about
chasing rabbits.




Lots of Christmas shopping going on this past Sunday so many folks were not home. However, we still had a pretty good collection. We donated 3.7 lbs. of cat food, 13.9 lbs. of dog food and 2 Slimcat Feeder Balls. The money amounted to $44.10.

See you Sunday,

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment