Pima Acceptable Donations

Pima Acceptable Donations

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Week 66 - Rescued Critters Food Drive

Hi Folks,
A short list of dumping you
probably never noticed ... 
because they were gone within 48 hours.


Steve, my friend and neighbor asked me today if I saw the dumped mattress over on 12th and Warren. I said yes I did and it was picked up before noon along with a couch and lots of branches. See second photo on the left.

The backstory is I picked up the mattress on Sunday after my rounds along with a number of other items I had spotted. Everything was piled in a wide alley and a photo taken. Sunday evening I sent an email requesting a work order to my friend Pat Tapia at Environmental Services. While walking my pups around the neighborhood about noon today I saw the pile was gone. I was actually startled by the empty alley.

Pat tells me that I can expect a pickup within 24 – 48 hours after I notify him. This latest pickup only took 4 hours. This got me thinking about how much Pat has helped me clean up our Miles Neighborhood and, too, realizing he’s not getting enough appreciation from us.

Those photos only tell eight stories of dumping on our streets and in our alleys. Actually there were at least a score in the last year. Of course, I thank Pat in each work-order request email and lately, I have moved all of the dumping into one pile for his crew instead of having them make stops at individual addresses.  

I know we can do even more to show our gratitude for a clean and safe neighborhood so I would like all of us to send Pat a Christmas Card telling him how much his efforts mean to us. All you have to say is “Thank you, Pat, for making my neighborhood clean and safe.”

Send the holiday greeting card to:

Mr. Pat L. Tapia
Environmental & General Services Department
4004 S. Park Avenue
Building 1
Tucson, AZ 85726-7210

I already have a new pile accumulating in an alley that includes a very large and heavy TV so, I would like you to move with a slight sense of urgency.

And thank you.


This week we donated 208.4 lbs. of pet food, 1 pill bottle, and $47.55 in cash and one check.

See you Sunday,

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment