Pima Acceptable Donations

Pima Acceptable Donations

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Week 69 - Rescued Critters Food Drive

Hi Folks,
Our Pet Food Keeps Loads of
Pets in their Homes

In the past 17 weeks we have donated more than two tons of pet food to PACC so feeding loads is what we do. Today after I dropped off our donation I sat in front of the building and made a phone call. I was touched by folks picking up their pets from the clinic. One guy held his 50 pound pup like a baby looking down at him while he walked. He then kissed his nose. I thought another guy was holding a burrito wrapped in a wash cloth. As he got closer to my truck he pushed the fabric away gently to reveal a very tiny puppy.

Then I saw a woman wheel all of our huge pet food bags, 6 in all, on an industrial cart into the clinic. They were stacked on top of each other and looked massive. So it’s true, I thought, all of our donations are going to the PACC outreach program. That means we are feeding lots of pets that belong to homeless folks. Also, folks who are not homeless but don’t have enough money to care for their pets.

PACC started their outreach program to be proactive in the community. Instead of just picking up strays or runaways, they fix fences, provide low cost or free medical care and give food to those in need. The idea is to do whatever is necessary to keep the pet with its owner. That makes all the parties involved happy.

And now, because we donate so much food every week we are part of their incredibly important outreach program. I know I am proud of what we are doing and you should be, too. 
More Proof in a Blue Envelope


I was about to pull out of my parking space when I remembered a large blue envelope the customer service rep handed me after she finished our transaction. “This is from Bennett,” she said. Bennett is our contact person and PACC’s Community Programs Manager.

The envelope was a bit puffy so I thought it might be a musical greeting card. I got one of those “dogs barking Jingle Bells” for Christmas from Christina and Blake, my friends in the big house. I was prepared to be amused again.

The puff was a die cut Thank You that stuck out from the card. A delight and touching, too.

It is enough for me to know that we are really helping PACC and dogs and cats and their owners stay together. The kind words make it even better. 

For Those Who Love the Numbers


We are averaging 264 lbs. of pet food per week. Not only are we feeding a significant number of dogs and cats, I am staying in shape. 



This week we donated 260.5 lbs. of pet food, 1 pill bottle, a bag of treats and $34.57 in cash and one check.

See you Sunday,

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment