Pima Acceptable Donations

Pima Acceptable Donations

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Week 81 - Rescued Critters Food Drive

Hi Folks,
Going With the Flow

Last week everything was normal at Pima Animal Care Center. This week Social Distancing was in full force. Lines were moved outside and six-feet spacing between folks was designated by blue tape on the sidewalks. (See red arrows.) The place felt safer. Again Kristen Auerbach, the Executive Director was outside and ushered me quickly through the line so I could make our donation.

As an aside, I’m a walk around manager and was seldom in my office. When there is a lot going on, you can get a lot done if you have your finger on the pulse of the operation. That’s how Kristen runs PACC, too. And you can feel the efficiency everywhere. 



There was one precursor last week of pending change. The donated food was being moved from a space next to the reception desk near the front door to the conference room. There was little food in the large room when I made our donation. Today, food covered half the wall space.

Most of our food is repackaged for the pets of the homeless. You can see those bags on the left. During my quick visit I overheard a volunteer tell a woman “not to worry if she does not see the kind of dog she wants, next month they expect to rescue 2,000 new pets.” Good heavens! So glad we are supporting PACC in their formidable mission to save all those animals.    


My rounds this weekend were quick and quiet. A number of folks were not home and no donations were left for me to pick up. Consequently, the collection Sunday was on the sparse side. I know once we get a handle on this new reality, pet food donations will head back up to the 300 lb. mark.

This week’s donation was 82.3 lbs. of pet food and $25.00 in three checks. In addition, there was 1 small steel pet bowl and 6 pill bottles.

See you Sunday,

Peter 


No comments:

Post a Comment