Pima Acceptable Donations

Pima Acceptable Donations

Monday, October 21, 2019

Week 59 - Rescued Critters Food Drive

Hi Folks,

Whoa... that was startling!



Christina and Blake, my friends and neighbors in the big house up front, always have their donation ready in a shopping bag on the porch steps. So when I stop by their home I am focused on putting the Thank You card in the safety gate and then hefting the bag back to the truck. The moment I place the card I looked up and jumped. What the heck is that? raced through my brain. Well, I think it was heck.

Later Sunday evening while conversing in our adjoining backyards, I told Christina about my reaction to her unsettling pet door addition. She told me there was some discussion with Blake about whether to buy the Halloween decoration or not.  By the subtle smile on her face, I could tell she was delighted she had prevailed.


This week we donated 203.2 lbs. of pet food, and courteous of Steve, my friend and neighbor on 13th Street,  4 leather gloves, a 65 Lumens night stick, a large metal bowl and a large water bottle. Also, there was one Bark chew and $54.54 in cash and one check.

See you Sunday,

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment