Pima Acceptable Donations

Pima Acceptable Donations

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Week 79 - Rescued Critters Food Drive

Hi Folks,
Counting on Our Neighbors


Two short weeks ago, Sarah, my neighbor on 12th Street told me about the new homeless encampment just above the Arroyo Chico runoff canal at the foot of the park. I talked to the police and folks at Environmental Services and was told to send Pat Tapia, the Deputy Director a photograph.

Within a few days, Lisa, another neighbor who lives in Barrio San Antonio, stopped me while I was walking my pups and told me the mess was gone.

Check out the photo above. The inset photo at the bottom left is the before image.

Last week Bob, my neighbor on Miles helped me move two double bed mattresses from the alley behind the apartment on 12th Street to the alley at the intersection of Cherry and 13th Street. We placed them next to two large, really worn out refrigerators. Everything was gone after lunch today.

The point is, if you see something say something to me. Having so many eyes, watching all of the streets in our neighborhood will keep all of us happy and safe.

More good news … the roll-offs will arrive Friday March 20th and stay until Tuesday morning, March 24th. You will receive a printed notice on Sunday, March 15th.

Want to see how PACC and our food
is helping pets of Homeless Vets?

Come to the 2020 Tucson Veterans Stand Down Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.



This week’s donation was 269.9 lbs. of pet food and a $10.00 check. In addition, there was 1 box of treats, 2 tennis balls, 75 qt. zip bags and 4 pill bottles.

See you Sunday,

Peter 

No comments:

Post a Comment