Pima Acceptable Donations

Pima Acceptable Donations

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Week 101 - Rescued Critters Food Drive

 Hi Folks,

And then...

Most days I take 12th Street to get to Broadway, turning on Fremont for just a moment. Last week I noticed some new graffiti on an electrical box next to a building on Fremont. The art was so bad it forced me to stop. When I took a photo, a man on the roof above gave me a thumbs up and pointed to the building directly behind me and across the street. The whole wall was covered with another no-idea mess.

Usually Josie Zapata handles graffiti in the Miles Neighborhood but I though I’d give it a try instead of passing this junk off to my friend.

The City of Tucson has an aggressive Graffiti Removal Program that is thoroughly explained on its website. https://www.tucsonaz.gov/es/graffiti#:~:text=Graffiti%20outside%20of%20the%20City,CITY%20(792%2D2489). 

Or you can take a shortcut and go directly to their “Graffiti Removal Report” and fill it out. That’s what I did and attached my photos.

https://www.tucsonaz.gov/es/graffiti-removal-report

Today I noticed both the electrical box and the building wall were sporting a new coat of paint.

Now that was easy.

Saw another large mess on the building at the intersection of Broadway and Vine. Think I’ll send them a photo tomorrow.

In 1995, I lived near 22nd and Kolb and next to a very sweet neighbor with 4 kids and a Dachshund who unfortunately ate a Colorado River Toad. Since that day, I have been spooked every time I see a toad, yanking my pups out of the way. That changed about a month ago when I met a very determined little Couch's spadefoot (Scaphiopus couchii) toad. That white thing she is sitting on in the photo above is the digging spadefoot. The web tells me that if there is little or no black in the skin design she’s a she.

When I first noticed the Big Eyed Greenie, she was sitting next to the truck tire. My guys paid not attention but that made not difference to me. I scooped her up and transported her to the next alley across Highland. But a week later she was back staring up at me.

This time I put her in the alley next to the Arroyo Chico Park entrance. That’s a real long hop from my driveway.

Last weekend she showed up again. My pups don’t care so I don’t care. I’m just going to let her be … with lots of admiration for her tenacity. I did alert my neighbors because they have two dogs. They were appreciative and they know the dangers but they have a very tall slatted fence and will remain vigilant.

Never had a toad as a friend before. Can’t say that any more.

InkJet printer ink is expensive, which forces me to buy inexpensive printers. Have no need for high quality photo printing so I like to spend no more than $35 - $40 for a printer. This is one of those printers, a Canon Pixma Mg2522 for $34.88.

When I bought the Purina pet food Sunday at Walmart I also decided to pick up a replacement for my broken printer.

Up and down a couple of isles but no printers. Where did they go? I asked a clerk and he said, “Behind you on the bottom shelf.” I turned and only saw a long empty shelf. “There are none,” I said.

“There’s one way down on the end, it costs $34.88.”

 Pressed up against the wall was the printer I was looking to buy. The only one left.

 Ain’t karma great!

This week’s donation was 61.3 lbs. of pet food and $50.00 in two checks. In addition, there were three pill bottles.

See you Sunday,

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment