Pima Acceptable Donations

Pima Acceptable Donations

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Week 102 - Rescued Critters Food Drive

Hi Folks,

On the Lookout for More Responsibility


While waiting for Oscar to show up with the delivery cart at PACC today I noticed an older woman walk up to the front entrance with a dog as cute as the one above and two shopping bags filled with toys and dog stuff. She was a bit preoccupied and did not take the shady seat I offered. The pup was very friendly and interested in everything.

 A staffer wearing a full face shield that covered his neck, too, came up to me to say Oscar was on his way. He then walked over to the lady with the dog and started to talk quietly. His face shield had a large graphic of the Grim Reaper on it which may have been more appropriate for Halloween, I’m thinking.   

Their conversation was muffled. I had a sense, but no idea what was really going on. At the same time Oscar appeared, the staffer took the lead and walked the dog inside the medical doors. Before moving to catch up with Oscar, I let the lady walk in front of me and saw that she was beginning to cry and sniffle. I could feel her anguish.

 When I caught up to Oscar and the cart I asked if the woman were turning in her dog. I had been studying the pup for 10 minutes or so and if that were the case

I will adopt the dog now. Of course, I needed the backstory first. Oscar radioed his team and it turns out the dog is toy aggressive and even bit the woman’s hand. She tried for a long time to retrain the dog but failed. 

Turning in My Two-Week Notice 

For the past month or so I have been contemplating closing down Rescued Critters Food Drive because collecting 50 lbs. a week is not much of a challenge. So before Oscar arrived today I was seriously considering adopting another dog. That woman’s dog was not a good match but I told Oscar to put me on his list and as soon as he has a candidate, I will adopt.

As you may have guessed, I don’t shy away from purposeful responsibility. It’s the stuff that gets me going every day. I need physical activity and measurable results. That’s how I got this old.

Lastly, I have to say how much I appreciate all of your help over the past two years. We donated tons and tons of food to PACC and we made a big difference.

August 30, 2020 will be my last collection Sunday. Then a few day later I will email and drop off a printed report of all our donations.

Again, thanks for making the past two years lots of meaningful fun.

This week’s donation was 58.0 lbs. of pet food and a $50.00 check. In addition, there was a roll of doggy bags, 5 pill bottles, dog boots, and puppy and dog medicated shampoo.

See you Sunday,

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment