Pima Acceptable Donations

Pima Acceptable Donations

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Week 28 - Rescued Critters Food Drive

Hi Folks,
Seven Envelopes and a $2.00 Bill

It really was a lucky St. Paddy’s Day Sunday. About halfway through my route, white envelopes started to appear in a number of screen doors. That meant no one was home but they didn’t forget about PACC and our food drive.

Normally, only two neighbors have an envelope with their donation waiting for me. I put a check mark on the envelope in lieu of the Thank You card, and place it back in the door. Sunday there were five more envelopes which create a little excitement when I got home.  

It’s like lots of presents for PACC. The disassembled envelopes show the lack of patience with the sticky-seal.

The best surprise was a $2.00 bill which I had not encountered in a while. The associate at PACC who logs our weekly donation, told me that when she was a kid, she would get $2.00 bills and never spend them. “I wish I could do
that with $20.00 bills,” I said. She smiled and agreed.

This week we donated 44.6 lbs. of pet food, 4 pill bottles and $81.04 in cash and two checks.

See you Sunday,

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment